June marks the beginning of the notorious busy summer season. Use these stats to bend the market in your favor.
As of May 31, 2016:
Los Angeles County
- Median Sales Price: Up 1.9% from $539,000 to $549,000
- New Listings: Down 3.9% from 8,709 units to 8,367 units
- Closed Sales: Up 1.5% from 5,718 units to 5,802 units
- Median Sales Price: Down 0.9% from $324,000 to $322,000
- New Listings: Down 5.8% from 4,645 to 4,377
- Closed Sales: Up 1.6% from 3,040 to 3,090
San Bernardino County
- Median Sales Price: Up 4.5% from $285,000 to $297,750
- New Listings: Down 0.6% from 2,897 to 2,879
- Closed Sales: Down 0.8% from 1,869 to 1,854
You can see from this information that the economy is revving up for a profitable summer. Sale prices are up, interest rates are low, and people are buying!
Escrows Made Simple!
With an incredibly busy summer looming ahead, you'll need a reliable escrow company. Fee Simple Escrow is able handle of all your escrow needs. As an independent, full service escrow company, we have to meet a high set of standards. Not only are we a true neutral third party with exceptional quality, we also have over 40 years of combined escrow experience. Give us a call today to speak with one of our escrow officers, or click here to request an estimate online.
Do you work with a team of people? With a record breaking summer coming, you'll want to be as efficient as possible. There are apps out there that can help organize a team's schedule and facilitate easier communication. Look into apps that work with both Android and iOS like TimeTree, which is a shared calendar, and GroupMe, an app that allows group conversation.
Did you know?
Ben & Jerry learned how to make ice cream by taking a $5 correspondence course offered by Penn State. They sold the franchise to Unilever in 2000 for $326 million. That's quite the return!
Let us know in the comments some of your predictions for summer!